The special election is slated for Jan 26.
The marijuana industry continues to prosper in Steamboat Springs with sales surpassing $5 million during the first seven months of 2015.
Two men who were camping at the grow site were taken into custody without incident after an early morning operation that started at 4 a.m.
Fox journalist and Fox News contributor Mary Katherine Ham, it was difficult to take a side during Friday's Freedom Conference debate on marijuana legalization.
Naturally, Mark Stepp is putting the blame on his wife, Lindsay. If it weren’t for her, Stepp might not be living his dream as a master grower and co-owner of Oak Creek’s Park Range Recreationals.
A Hayden resident has taken the next step to let voters decide whether marijuana cultivation should be allowed in Hayden.
The city's unlicensed growing facilities were thrust into the spotlight on June 13 when a caregiver's medical marijuana grow operation caught fire on Downhill Drive and caused $20,000 worth of damage to the building.
An unknown Hayden resident has taken the first step in attempting to reverse the course of the Hayden Town Council when it comes to allowing the commercial cultivation of marijuana.
In a 6-1 vote Thursday night, Hayden Town Council members approved allowing licensed, commercial marijuana growing operations.
The Hayden Town Council on Thursday will make a final decision on whether entrepreneurs with a green thumb can grow marijuana for a profit.
Philip Wolf thinks it's unfortunate so many people only associate cannabis with fast food and "the munchies."
On Aug. 6, the Hayden Town Council will make a final decision about whether to allow marijuana cultivation operations.
When students started approaching Yampa Valley High School counselor Molly Lotz and teachers Sarah Peed and Chuck Rosemond about marijuana use, they found they had no resources, locally or nationally, to address these questions from a post-legalization perspective. After exhausting their resources, the three decided to develop their own reality and science-based education curriculum for schools in northwest Colorado and around the country.
Hayden Town Manager David Torgler is expecting a big crowd at Thursday night's town council meeting.
The legalization of recreational marijuana in states including Colorado has led national medical organizations to release formal recommendations on the use of the drug, specifically as they may affect pregnant women and mothers.
Recreational marijuana rules and information
- • Colorado residents 21 and older can buy up to an ounce of marijuana at a licensed retail store.
- • Out-of-state residents can buy up to a quarter ounce.
- • Those older than 21 can share up to an ounce of marijuana with a friend as long as they're not getting paid.
- • Marijuana can't be smoked in public or anywhere governed by the Clean Indoor Air Act.
- • Ski resorts largely operate on federal land, where marijuana still is illegal.
- • Colorado residents can grow up to six plant in their home, but the plants must be locked up.
- • Drivers with more than 5 nanograms of THC in their blood can be cited for driving under the influence.
- • Employers still can set their own drug policies and fire those who violate them.
- • Marijuana is not allowed at Denver International Airport, and every jurisdiction in Colorado is allowed to set its own rules governing marijuana use.
- • Recreational marijuana will have a 15% excise tax on the wholesale price and a 10% sales tax on the retail price.
- • Medical marijuana will retain its lower tax rate, and the annual registration fee recently was reduced to $15.