Creation of new iconic entryway to Steamboat Ski Area a possibility in 2014
December 3, 2013
Major projects accomplished in the base area URA
• Ski Time Square streetscape and roundabout ($2.5 million)
• Burgess Creek culvert upgrade ($1.1 million)
• Après Ski Way/Mount Werner Circle streetscape and roundabout ($2.5 million)
• Promenade and Burgess Creek daylighting ($8 million)
• Mount Werner Circle median enhancement ($275,000)
• U.S. Highway 40 median enhancement ($160,000)
Steamboat Springs — Steamboat Springs’ historic Butterfly Barn soon could be moved uphill to become a new rustic entryway to the Steamboat Ski Area.
The relocation of the fragile barn from a corner of the Meadows Parking Lot to a vacant parcel of land at the confluence of Mount Werner Circle just below The Steamboat Grand is one of the bigger projects that is scheduled to be funded by the tax incremental funding generated at the base of the ski area.