Aging Well: Beating the winter and holiday blues
December 14, 2009
• Immediate support is available for individuals in crisis. To reach a local mental health professional, call 879-1090 in Routt County or 824-6541 in Moffat County.
• A peer support group for people with bipolar disorder or depression meets at 6:30 p.m. the first and third Wednesday of each month in Conference Room 2 at the Yampa Valley Medical Center. For more information, call Ronna Autrey at 846-8182.
• A support group for those that have attempted suicide meets at noon the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Rollingstone Respite House. Goals are to learn coping skills and meet a network of people that can help. For more information, call Autrey, 846-8182.
• Heart Beat of Steamboat, a peer led support group for those that have lost a friend or family member to suicide, meets at noon the second and fourth Thursday of each month at the Rollingstone Respite House. For more information, contact Autrey at 846-8182. For information about Heart Beat of Moffat County, call Sandy at 871-7682.
• A bereavement support group meets from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at the Rollingstone Respite House. Grief support for children also is available. For more information, call 879-1632.
For information about bereavement support groups in Craig, call 824-8233.
Editor's Note: This article originally was published Dec. 12, 2007. It has been updated for accuracy.