Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• Steamboat Pilot & Today is fighting a lawsuit brought by the Routt County Coroner's Office that seeks to keep autopsy results secret for the 3-year-old boy who died last month in Steamboat Springs. Pilot & Today sued after requesting autopsy report for 3-year-old boy
• After a court hearing Wednesday, the grandmother of 3-year-old Austin Davis disclosed she learned Austin died from "extreme dehydration." Grandmother says 3-year-old died from 'extreme dehydration'
• Area contractors disagree with consultants about the role gravel played in the $4 million gap between the estimate and the low bid for runway work at Yampa Valley Regional Airport. Local gravel pit operators dispute role of gravel in airport paving estimate
• Senate Bill 23 is on its way to the Gov. John Hickenlooper’s desk thanks to some legislative maneuvering, but the bill dealing with changes to water law on the Western Slope has divided interested organizations and prompted warnings that its consequences could be much broader than intended. Potential for harm: Western Slope water bill draws opposition
• The colors of spring are arriving in Steamboat Springs every day, keeping the crew at Windemere Landscape and Garden Center up to their noses in flowers, bushes, trees and shrubs. No time to count flowers as local landscape company looks forward to colorful summer
• The committee also voted to give the U.S. Forest Service $50,000 to start a master planning process for the wide portfolio of trails proposed around on the agency's land. Lodging tax committee creates prioritized list of 46 trail projects
• The casual coffee meetings are one of a few new ways the council is working to have more communication with their constituents. New casual coffee meetings with Steamboat City Council members to start Friday
• The 110th annual Routt County Pioneer Picnic has been moved up to May 25 this year. Routt County Pioneer Picnic moved up
• The Hayden Cog Run returns at 10 a.m. Saturday, offering both a 5-kilometer race and an 8.4-mile race. Hayden Cog Run set to return Saturday
Gardening with Deb Babcock: Naturalize bulbs for unexpected color
Steamboat briefs: Library to host health learning series party Thursday
The Record for Tuesday, May 6, 2014