Steamboat Springs Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
• Routt County Riders put down a deposit on a piece of singletrack trail-building equipment it has had its eyes on for months. Routt County Riders group places deposit on singletrack trail-building unit
• Without a large enough veterans population in Northwest Colorado to warrant a new full service VA facility, veterans will keep making the long drive to Grand Junction. Routt County sees higher demand for transportation to nearest hospital for veterans
• On Thursday, Colorado Mountain College’s Yampa Valley Entrepreneurship Center and Yampa Valley SCORE will host a talk by Steve Muntean, of Muntean Leadership Group, as part of the Success Steps Seminar Series. Success Steps business seminar to focus on growth
• Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club freestyle skier Lennon Vaughan capped a big season by winning his age division in freeskiing half-pipe at the Junior National Championships in Park City, Utah. Vaughan comes up big at Junior Nationals
• A busy weekend of middle school wrestling featured strong finishes by the Steamboat Springs Middle School squad as well as wrestlers from Soroco and Hayden. Steamboat takes 2nd at Soroco Middle School wrestling tourney
• A late-inning rally lifted the Steamboat Springs High School baseball team from sure defeat to victory on Saturday, as the Sailors scored nine times in the sixth inning to stun Hotchkiss, 10-9. Steamboat baseball team pulls off huge comeback
• The final event of the Nordic combined World Cup circuit was canceled Sunday, but Taylor Fletcher led the team with a strong showing Saturday. Taylor Fletcher strong in weekend Nordic combined World Cup event
Thoughtful Parenting: Teaching assertive, kinder words
Livewell Northwest Colorado: How sweet it is not?
Health briefs: County sees success in Women, Infants and Children program
Healthy Eating: Barley and Pine Nut Pilaf
Monday Medical: Get back to spring favorites
Steamboat briefs: Hayden Lions Club hosts St. Patrick's Day dinner
The Record for Saturday, March 15, 2014