Rob and Trish Carpenter: K9 unit in Steamboat

We live in Steamboat, where we work hard and play.

Why not a K-9 unit, help police put bad guys away?

Dogs won’t transfer or relocate,

It’s for kibble that they just can’t wait.

Let’s have police K9 in Steamboat we say,

’Cause this is Dog City in the U.S. of A!

Rob and Trish Carpenter

Steamboat Springs

Comments

JJ Southard 9 months, 1 week ago

Is this a joke? Or a serious letter?? Interesting Dr Suess approach to the Editor & our community. Is this Sesame Street? I guess we are a bunch of children living on the Barney Show that need to be spoken to in nursery rhymes.

rhys jones 9 months, 1 week ago

While dogs and I
Share a great affinity
To get one here
Is a waste of caninity.

max huppert 9 months, 1 week ago

mounted police on horse, with cowboy hats would be a better fit, but then you would have to be fit to ride them.

bill schurman 9 months, 1 week ago

Reminds me of Sheriff J.T. Kelton on his large horse in the Fourth of July parades. The police used to have a mounted horse team.

john bailey 9 months, 1 week ago

hahahaha. cute . nothing like being dumbed down.....

Cresean Sterne 9 months, 1 week ago

Sorry Carpenters but it wouldnt make sense for so many reasons to create a k9 devision because of Stmbts dog population. As cute as your poem is a k9 unit would rarely get used here and would again be an expensive cost. The pooche alone would run about $40,000 and officers would have to go through expensive training. As far as I can remember we have always had officers on horses during certain events but its something we dont see as much anymore. Maybe due to Stmbts rapid population growth. I would like to see some officers walking the beat down town interacting with the public every day like an ambassador on the mountain. I think it would be well perceived by the public. Kinda like the good old days.. (and not on a segway) What I want to know is how does this make the first online article at 8AM. (even in poetry form) Cant wait to check back later to read more of the funnies :-)