Stagecoach homicide timeline
Feb. 20, 2014: Lesyshen takes insanity defense in son's shooting
April 10, 2014: Students honor past classmate with guitar concert
June 10, 2014: Lesyshen trial scheduled for September
- May 29, 2013: Sheriff’s Office: Husband says wife killed their son before turning gun on herself
- May 29, 2013: Friends remember Asher Lesyshen-Kirlan as a charismatic, energetic boy
- May 30, 2013: Court documents: Lisa Lesyshen confesses to killing her son
- May 30, 2013: Soda Creek Elementary to hold meeting for parents Thursday to address grief in wake of student's death
- May 31, 2013: Arrest warrant alleges premeditated plan by Lisa Marie Lesyshen to kill her only child
- June 3, 2013: Hundreds of mourners gather at Steamboat's Howelsen Hill to remember Asher Lesyshen-Kirlan
- June 4, 2013: Routt County murder suspect recovering from gunshot wound to neck area
- June 11, 2013: Routt County Sheriff's Office making arrangements for paralyzed murder suspect
- July 5, 2013: Attorneys say officials violated Lesyshen's right to counsel
- July 10, 2013: Judge to drive to Denver to advise Lesyshen of charges in murder case
- July 12, 2013: Routt County woman charged with murder denied bail
- Aug. 18, 2013: Examining domestic violence in Routt County
- Aug. 28, 2013: Routt County woman charged with killing son makes court appearance by video
- Oct. 11, 2013: Preliminary hearing scheduled for Routt County woman accused of killing son
- Nov. 13, 2013: Lisa Lesyshen bound over for trial on 1st-degree murder charges
- Dec. 11, 2013: Insanity plea being considered by Lesyshen's attorney
- Dec. 17, 2013: DA will not seek death penalty in Lesyshen case
- Feb. 5, 2014: Lesyshen arraignment rescheduled for Feb. 20 in Denver
Steamboat Springs Lisa Lesyshen, the Routt County woman who is accused of shooting and killing her 9-year-old son in May 2013, is expected to plead guilty Monday.
Late last week, Lesyshen was scheduled for a motions hearing set for Monday.
During a motions hearing, a judge decides what evidence can be presented at trial. Lesyshen's three-week trial was scheduled to begin Sept. 29.
Now, Monday's hearing is scheduled as a plea hearing, at which plea deals typically are presented to the judge.
Lesyshen is charged with first-degree murder for the killing of her son, Asher Lesyshen-Kirlan. She has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity.
It is not known what charge Lesyshen could plead guilty to.
Monday's hearing at 1 p.m. will take place at the Lindsey-Flanigan Courthouse in downtown Denver.
Lesyshen is being held at the nearby Denver County Jail because it is able to take care of her medical needs. After the May 29, 2013, shooting, it's thought that Lesyshen shot herself in the neck, which left her paralyzed.
To reach Matt Stensland, call 970-871-4247, email mstensland@SteamboatToday.com or follow him on Twitter @SBTStensland