The Record for Thursday, April 24, 2014

6:47 a.m. Steamboat Springs Police Department officers were called to a report of a a person who had stolen a check from a person in Steamboat and cashed it. Police identified a suspect and issued an arrest warrant for him.

11:06 a.m. Officers were called to a report of a suspicious incident in the 1000 block of Central Park Drive. A hospital employee reported that they got a call from a man who said the employee owed him money from three years ago. No further action was taken.

4:31 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a person who lost a laptop in Walton Pond Circle.

6:19 p.m. Officers were called to a report of a suspicious incident in the 2100 block of Val d'Isere Circle. A window on a house was broken.

Comments

rhys jones 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Wow. I challenge anyone to find a shorter Record. And no drunk reports. Maybe the new laws are working!! Ain't life grand?

Dan Kuechenmeister 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Mud season/spring break??? Are all the scofflaws out of town?

rhys jones 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Dunno... is Jerry back in town yet?

Actually I'm surprised, how many scofflaws remain; the town is surprisingly full, considering the season. Why, I remember a day, broad daylight, I was the only car moving in sight, middle of downtown... won't see that again. A small town this is NOT, contrary to rumor.

jerry carlton 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Not yet. Soon. Avalanche better win tonight. Tied two to two.

rhys jones 4 months, 4 weeks ago

There he is, Head Ruffian, Terrorist In Blue. Slipped by unnoticed, all these years. Now our alter-conscience, imparting self-guilt in the forums. Hi Jerry!! ;-)

Thank you not for reminding me about the Avs -- just when I thought I could get some work done -- and my TV not hooked back up, since I re-relocated, missing cable box... what a quandary: Work, Avs...

I've seen enough of the bars lately, and they me... so if anybody out there would like some sparkling company for the game at your place, I could contribute to the festive atmosphere!!

john bailey 4 months, 4 weeks ago

yeah , these Wild remind me of the Warriors of last year in BB......oy vey....

Dan Kuechenmeister 4 months, 4 weeks ago

Av's have last line change at home. Need to use that. Wild dominated in Minnesota. Go Wild

jerry carlton 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Need to steal the next one at Minnesota Monday night. Not wise to go into overtime in the 7th game even if it is at home. How come this is not showing up in popular stories since it is about the only thing anybody is writing on?

Dan Kuechenmeister 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Hope Wild can hold serve. This has been a great series. Wild appear to be over achieving and Av's refuse to give up. Go Wild. Games have been so close. Maybe a blow out tonight. Tough on the Wild to recover possibly. Had they defended better, 14 seconds game 1 and 1 minute 14 seconds game 5 the Av's would be getting their golf clubs out.

jerry carlton 4 months, 3 weeks ago

And if the Broncos had played better, they would be Super Bowl Champs, and some day, not in my lifetime, the Vikings will win a Super Bowl, and the Cubs will win a World Series. That is the beauty of sports, "if" only exists when there is a loss, never when there is a win.

Chris Hadlock 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Sorry Dan, not even AP can save the Vikings if they actually use Matt Cassel at QB.

Dan Kuechenmeister 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Chris, Unfortunately I will have to agree but hope springs eternal for this Minnesota sports rube.

Chris Hadlock 4 months, 3 weeks ago

That's OK Dan, I am stuck with the Chiefs so I share your pain :)

Dan Kuechenmeister 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Ah yes, Vikings first Super Bowl loss. Thanks for the reminder. )-;

rhys jones 4 months, 3 weeks ago

We lived in KC that year, and several prior. Those were golden years there, that whole town rabid fans. Lenny Dawson, Otis Taylor (my favorite receiver ever) Buck Buchanan, Curley Culp, Bobby Bell, Jan Stenerud, they had both sides of the ball covered well, special teams, and size to boot. Those were the nasty-Raider years, a real bunch of thugs, the stories I could tell... you could shoot a cannon down any street in town during a game, and not hit anybody, everybody was inside watching the game. It looked like a ghost town. Yeah, thanks for the reminder!! :-)

jerry carlton 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Wild got it done! I am predicting an overtime game with a win by Avalanche! Whoever wins faces Chicago and a monumental task. Nice to discuss something that we will forget about in a month. Where are the Cubs fans in this discussion?

Dan Kuechenmeister 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Minnesota up by one late. Roy pulls goalie. Stasny ties it and McKinnon scores in over time. A dream to some, a nightmare to me. As my father taught me, humble in victory - gracious in defeat. Been a great series. One team will go to Chicago, the other to the golf course. Go Wild

john bailey 4 months, 3 weeks ago

well poop , I was afraid of this matchup. good job Wild......

jerry carlton 4 months, 3 weeks ago

AS I said way up in this discussion OT in game 7 is never a good plan. From worst to first in one year was still quite an accomplishment for Sakic, Roy, and the players.

john bailey 4 months, 3 weeks ago

so true , Jerry , we got a young core I hope they stay together with such a promising future and with Roy as coach we can go places......that dude got his charges fired up . the playoffs can be such a different animal.....so , ah , GO HABS.....~:0)

Dan Kuechenmeister 4 months, 3 weeks ago

from my perspective it seemed the Av's were a little weak on defense. Other then Barrie who was hurt unfortunately it did not appear the Av's dee could rush the puck with any consistency. The Av's are fast and built for rushes into the zone with the puck. When forced to dump and chase they are not as effective. Looked like the Wild were stronger along the boards in both zones thus there were times the Wild were able to cycle behind Av's net until a Wild defender snuck in and was able to get a high percentage shot (Spurgeon's game 7 game tieing goal forcing overtime.) Also seems like Av's were not able to cycle behind Wild net as effectively. All in all a great series that could have gone either way. Game 7 over time is as good as it gets. Should be a great rivalry over the next few years.

rhys jones 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Yeah yeah, boo hoo, the hockey season is over for Av's fans; it's time to move on, think about the lawn, the pretty days coming, and the Boys of Summer: BASEBALL!!

The Nuggets will probably still suck next year; the Broncos will fold at some point -- that's then, and this is NOW!!

Usually the Rockies are out of it by now, ten games back -- but not this year!! They're knocking the cover off the ball!! Announcers last night said 8 players in the lineup were batting over .300, and the 9th, DJ LaMahue (sp?) who just returned, was batting .291. They've scored the most runs in the NL, by far. They only trail San Fran by one game.

I take back every bad thing I said about Troy Tulowitski last year, watching strikes sail by... this year he's swinging the wood, has one of the lowest pitches-per-AB in the NL, knocking it all over and out of there. Maybe we got a new batting coach, whatever, this team is HOT!! For baseball, anyway, not the most action-packed sport... still, I foresee many pleasant lazy days and nights, watching our boys play their game.

john bailey 4 months, 3 weeks ago

and you never made it to a BB game Rhys ? not even the Rock pile........shame on you.... I had the privilege to attend the second game of their young lives at ol Mile High, damn near got a foul ball but the little woman wouldn't hold on to my ankles as I reached over down the 3rd base line , that's a good drop to the field at that point right at at the start of the outfield grass. even got the World Series game knocked off my bucket list, Damn Sox......make it a point to get to a game one of these years.........you'll love it.....enter thru the home plate section and see the field unfold before you, it truly is amazing...... well back outside , only 5 months till winter hits again......~;0) hula hula.....

rhys jones 4 months, 3 weeks ago

Yeah I'm not proud of that, especially at this advanced age. I have been transportationally challenged for several years, a matter of my own choosing, and directly related to the personal economy, but never mind that.

One summer when I had the car and license, just not gas money, and I so wanted to see this hot rookie running back the Broncos had, Ken Bell (fum-Bell, he was later dubbed) in their first full intra-squad scrimmage, I hitchhiked to Greeley to see this game. He lived up to expectations, then...

Rides home didn't happen as fast as hoped; I didn't make it that night, a VW picked me up, we went camping, and the rest of that story is not for here.

Hey, I'm a fun guy!! Any time you're going to a Rockies game, you give me a shout -- if I can cover my end, we'll have some laughs!!

jerry carlton 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Rhys Parks and Rec usually sends a van for one game a summer. My wife and I went last summer and enjoyed it. I have not been in yet to see if they are going this year. Only cost about $25 and that included pretty good tickets along the first base line.

rhys jones 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Nice!! Thanks Jerry!! Maybe I'll see you there, finally.

john bailey 4 months, 2 weeks ago

wow , Jerry , that is one heck of a deal, I may even be able to afford that game......maybe........ with a little luck....are the beers still 6 bucks ?

rhys jones 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Jeez!! That's 90 bucks just for beer, and I'd better bring my catheter, for the ride home.

jerry carlton 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I do not remember but they were more than I was willing to pay. I prefer to be called thrifty rather than cheap but I guess if the shoe fits..........