Internet, cable outage across Steamboat Springs

Comcast reported that a cable and Internet outage occurred across Steamboat Springs early Saturday.

Comcast was able to resolve the problem at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday. A cause of the outage was not available.

Comments

Zac Brennan 8 months, 2 weeks ago

My Internet works great with CenturyLink. Call 1-800-850-5252 and reference #225778 for reliable internet service.

Eric Meyer 8 months, 2 weeks ago

It is getting really old Comcast mine was out at 7:00 AM this morning. Time for the switch to Zirkel for the business too.

Scott Wedel 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Yes, it will be customers leaving the service that convinces Comcast to improve reliability.

It seems clear Comcast has no redundancy and one event can knock out their service. The previous noted event of a barn file in Bailey causing a local outage showed a remarkable lack of intent of providing a reliable service.

Dan Hill 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Comcastic - adjective. Costs a fortune and doesn't work.

To add insult to injury, when you call up because your internet is not working, they try to up sell you to a television and phone package. Absolutely NOT the time to try to sell a customer something. Going to be asking for a significant discount on my bill until they deliver an acceptable level of reliability. I should probably just switch to Zirkel, but inertia rules.

Scott Wedel 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Though, Centurylink is hardly ideal with the best local service often limited to 1.5 mbps. The same speed as a decade ago while the technology has advanced.

The joke on SB is that, for whatever reason, 12 mbps dsl is available in Oak Creek.

Zac Brennan 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Steamboat II has 1.5M, 7M, 12M, 20M available and around town CenturyLink is currently working to complete projects which will result in greater speed/bandwith.

John St Pierre 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Comcast pod is 100 ft left and another 100 right.... but they wanted 1k to connect me.... Ha

thats what you get when you have an almost monopoply ....no service

Have had Direct TV & Zirkel for 5yrs now.... and have never lost internet or TV signal.... in all the time once!!!!

Chris Hadlock 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Anyone that is still paying Comcast deserves the service or lack thereof that they receive. Is is not obvious by now that Comcast does not care about the little people in Steamboat?

Vote with your checkbook and send Comcast back to the drawing board so they can learn something about customer service. Their service will NOT change until you as the customer force them to by refusing to pay.

Dan, Kill it now and get Zirkel, I promise you will be happier with both the service and the support.

Brian Kotowski 8 months, 2 weeks ago

I've had Zirkel for nearly a decade. Only one brief outage in all that time, the result of a lightning strike on one of their sites.

rhys jones 8 months, 2 weeks ago

At this time yesterday, my trip was bumming: I couldn't check my email, nor my Google Analytics, to see how many fish got away yesterday (or the day before). I had to shower in silence, as I couldn't pick up WWOZ. My morning was wanting.

Usually when this happens, the modem or router needs a hard reset; that would bother the fellow residents, so I just bit the bullet. Anybody wants me, they can call. Our Comcast is bundled with TV, and comes with my reasonable rent.

Remember when GoDaddy got hacked a while back? That shot me in the foot, right when the million dollars was going to call. A bubble in the wind, this beggar can't afford to be choosy. I'm just glad it's back on, so I can pester you fine folks again.

walt jones 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Ironically there have been more long term outages and temporary service interruptions on the display screen since the digital upgrade they did in the valley. Newer isn't always better. Someone higher up in Comcast must be losing their job by now.