2013 Sailors boys soccer schedule
- Aug. 31: Steamboat 4, Delta 2
- Sept. 3: Battle Mountain 5, Steamboat 4, 2OT
- Sept. 5: Steamboat 2, Eagle Valley 1, 2OT
- Sept. 7: Steamboat 5, Rifle 0
- Sept. 12: Summit 2, Steamboat 1, 2OT
- Sept. 14: Steamboat 3, Palisade 1
- Sept. 19: Steamboat 2, Glenwood Springs 0
- Sept. 21: Evergreen 1, Steamboat 0
- Sept. 24: Steamboat 3, Eagle Valley 3
- Sept. 26: Steamboat 6, Rifle 0
- Sept. 28: Centaurus 5, Steamboat 1
- Oct. 3: Battle Mountain 3, Steamboat 2
- Oct. 5: Steamboat 6, Palisade 0
- Oct. 12: Steamboat 2, Glenwood Springs 1
- Oct. 17: Steamboat 1, Summit 0
- Oct. 23: Denver North 3, Steamboat 0
Steamboat Springs The Steamboat Springs High School soccer team got back into the win column Saturday with a 3-1 victory at Palisade, finding a spark at halftime that ignited the team.
The Sailors went into the break in a scoreless tie, but after making adjustments came out and took control.
“It was a big time halftime for us,” coach Rob Bohlmann said. “We got everyone back on the same page. When we were 12 minutes into the second half, we were up 3-0. It just took us that little break to regroup and get the job done.”
Bohlmann pointed to a strong performance in goal by Jake Anderson as a big influence in the win. The Sailors had hoped to keep a shutout and were only denied on a corner kick with five seconds remaining.
“We feel really good about where we are,” Bohlmann said. “At this point, we’re looking at everything and being a little overly critical asking, ‘Where can we improve?’ The league is shaping up to be very competitive, and we feel good about where we are.”
The Sailors return to the field at 6 p.m. Thursday at home against Glenwood Springs.
To reach Joel Reichenberger, call 970-871-4253, email jreichenberger@SteamboatToday.com or follow him on Twitter @JReich9
Join the Yampa Valley VIP email club