Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• More than 200 people Wednesday showed up to bid on the items in the iconic ski pub. Plenty more people showed up to spectate and reminisce about the pub and Larry Lamb and Hank Edwards’ tenure as its owners. Tugboat Grill & Pub auction spreads ski town memories far, wide
• Share your Tugboat Grill & Pub memories and read stories from others. Reader memories from The Tugboat Grill & Pub
• Auctioneers liquidated the collection of Steamboat’s unofficial history museum Wednesday. And with the dissolution of the trove of memorabilia on The Tugboat Grill & Pub's storied walls, the legend of Ski Town USA was diminished. Tom Ross: Large trove of Steamboat memorabilia auctioned to highest bidders at Tugboat Grill & Pub
• From June 20 to Tuesday, the bike counter detected an average of 606 cycling trips daily and an average of 12,564 trips monthly. New bike counter quantifies summer cycling behavior on Yampa Street
• Board members of the Local Marketing District told the Steamboat Springs City Council the situation would be far worse if voters here had not approved in 2011 a new tax to support the service with an extra $1.1 million in revenue. Winter airline seats to Yampa Valley Regional Airport to remain flat this ski season
• The Family Fun Festival and silent auction fundraiser is from 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Howelsen Hill. Proceeds from the event benefit Scott Blair and Izaac Kinnison. Fundraiser to benefit 2 Steamboat Springs residents with brain cancer
• At its 7 p.m. Thursday meeting at town offices, the Oak Creek Town Board will consider a resolution establishing the fees for a retail marijuana business. Oak Creek Town Board to consider retail marijuana fees
• Longtime Steamboat Springs resident Wayne Garrison's retirement means more time to travel and play, but the Steamboat Golf Club general manager may not be spending as much time at the course. Steamboat Golf Club to see changes as longtime general manager retires
Steamboat briefs: Routt County Riders to hold trail workdays at ski area
The Record for Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013