Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• A Routt County jury will begin deliberating Wednesday morning to decide the fate of a man accused of attempting to murder three people at a downtown Steamboat Springs bar. Jury to begin deliberations in Steamboat Springs attempted murder trial
• A chronically eroded stream bank along the Yampa River where it flows through the Nature Conservancy’s Carpenter Ranch east of Hayden will be restored and revegetated with the help of a $30,000 Wetlands Program Award from Colorado Parks and Wildlife. Nature Conservancy lands state grant for Yampa River bank improvements west of Steamboat Springs
• Routt County District Attorney Brett Barkey on Tuesday successfully lobbied regional politicians to give raises to his employees. County commissioners approve raises for District Attorney's Office employees
• Steamboat Springs City Council candidates Tony Connell and Clark Davidson are among the few candidates spending on their campaigns. Several school board, city council candidates in Routt County not fundraising this election season
• Keith Kramer has been tapped by the nonprofit to replace Kate Nowak, who now is the executive director of Routt County United Way. Yampa Valley Data Partners fills executive director role with longtime Steamboat resident
• Dave McAtee, the director of lake operations at Catamount Ranch & Club, rode one of his coworker's fat bikes in the winter and had enough fun on it to conclude that they should be allowed on some of the 25 kilometers of groomed trails at Lake Catamount. Howelsen Hill, Catamount to allow snow bikes on cross-country trails this winter
• Oak Creek cyclist Bill Meyers is in high gear after racing to several national titles at the USA Cycling Masters Road Nationals and the Huntsman World Senior Games. Oak Creek cyclist races to top finishes, collects titles at national cycling events
• Battling injuries, the Hayden volleyball team couldn't overcome Hotchkiss on Tuesday. Hayden falls to Hotchkiss in district opener
Steamboat briefs: Green Courte Partners opens office in Steamboat
The Record for Monday, Oct. 21, 2013