Good morning Steamboat Today readers
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
Visit SteamboatToday.com/election for Election Guide information.
• Out of the state's 14 commercial airports, Yampa Valley Regional Airport's estimated annual economic impact of $299 million ranks as the sixth highest. New study estimates economic impact of Routt County's airports
• In preparation, 150 people have been told to show up that morning to possibly serve on the 12-member jury. 7-day attempted murder trial slated to begin Thursday in Steamboat Springs
• Yampa Valley Airport Manager Dave Ruppel said Tuesday that two Federal Aviation Administration technicians based in Routt County still are at their jobs, working without pay to monitor and maintain aviation navigation and lighting equipment across Northwest Colorado. Some federal employees in Routt County working without pay during government shutdown
• The Routt County Board of Commissioners on Tuesday approved $330,000 to help purchase development rights for 237 acres of the Routt County valley floor. Routt County approves $330K for Flying Diamond Ranch conservation easement
• Historic Routt County has agreed to serve as the fiscal agent and project manager overseeing the restoration of Crossan’s M&A Market in Yampa with the Yampa Historic Museum and the Friends of Crossan's. Historic Routt County looks ahead to 3 new projects
• The website will feature an interactive map on which residents can view the sites being considered for the station, read a list of pros and cons about each site and provide their feedback. City of Steamboat Springs to launch website dedicated to construction of new police station
• Residents are invited to come meet the five finalists chosen to interview for the job of police chief in Hayden. Hayden announces 5 police chief finalists
• Local players punted, passed and kicked their ways to sectional titles and possibly a shot at stepping onto Sports Authority Field during halftime of a Broncos game in December. Steamboat Springs players punt, pass and kick past competition in Grand Junction
• The Steamboat Springs volleyball team beat Middle Park, 3-0, on Tuesday. Steamboat Springs volleyball team struggles in win
Our View: Be informed this election season
Steamboat briefs: Former ski area executive hurt in skydiving accident
The Record for Monday, Oct. 14, 2013