Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• Before Tuesday morning, Lynn Abbott said her quest to find her daughter's family a better health insurance plan was herculean. Launch of new health insurance marketplace already changing lives in Routt County
• A standoff at the Ptarmigan Inn ended early Sunday morning. Standoff ends in Steamboat early Sunday
• The popular Soup Bowl Supper returns to Steamboat on Wednesday. Soup Bowl Supper returns to Steamboat
• Around 20 students from the CMC class "College 101" spent a couple days last week cleaning up campsites near Buffalo Pass that are notorious for attracting messy, college-aged partiers during the summer. Colorado Mountain College class gets outdoor lesson on camp cleanup
• On Sunday at Gardner Field, boys and girls lacrosse players from grades four through 12 competed in the second-annual Steamboat Chumash Challenge. It was a way to get in some conditioning and even familiarize some with the game. Prep athletes get a taste of lacrosse in the fall
Gardening with Deb Babcock: Can we really grow pumpkins here?
Monday Medical: Making sense of breast cancer surgery options
LiveWell Northwest Colorado: Becoming the healthiest county in the state
Health briefs: Medicare Part D open enrollment meetings scheduled in Routt County
Steamboat briefs: Free winter coats given out in Hayden this week
The Record for Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013