Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• A Steamboat Springs woman is expected to be OK after apparently being attacked by a moose Sunday near the water treatment plant east of The Sanctuary subdivision. Steamboat Springs woman recovering after moose attack
• The Ranch at Steamboat has seen an uptick in sales in recent months after a period of dormancy following the real estate crash. The Ranch at Steamboat sees flurry of sales
• Sam Wisecup Jr. and fellow inmate Oswaldo Solano Ortíz passed the five required GED tests, making them the jail’s first class of graduates. Their accomplishments would not have been possible without retired teacher Fran Conlon. Routt County Jail celebrates 1st GED graduates
• The Bears Ears Tea Party Patriots held a public meeting Wednesday night to talk about the secession movement happening in Moffat County and in other parts of Colorado. State Sen. Greg Brophy, R-Wray, and Jeffrey Hare — who founded the 51st State Initiative — were at the meeting to address questions and concerns voters have about seceding from the state. Moffat County tea party holds forum on secession
• Trent Parrott, 18, brought back a six-by-six bull from Game Management Unit 2 in northwest Moffat County this muzzleloader season after drawing one of the toughest tags to get in the state. Recent Moffat County grad makes most of muzzleloader hunting opportunity
• The Steamboat Springs High School football team will try to go 4-2 as it plays host to Battle Mountain on Friday night, highlighting a weekend of high school sports action. Routt County prep sports weekend preview for Oct. 3
• Thursday’s 6 p.m. home game against Battle Mountain is a big one for Steamboat, but the Sailors won’t enter the game flinching. Steamboat soccer ready for Battle Mountain's challenges
Steamboat Briefs: Water restrictions lifted for entire Steamboat area
The Record for Tuesday, Oct. 1, 2013