Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• Steamboat Ski Area announced Monday that it will have five lifts, 52 trails and 635 acres of terrain open when the season starts with Scholarship Day on Wednesday, according to a news release. Steamboat Ski Area opens Wednesday with more than 630 acres
• Assuming Steamboat Springs can convince an airline to take on a non-ski-season route that makes business sense, it isn’t likely to come without subsidies. Study could make the case for more summer air service at Yampa Valley Regional Airport
• Chris Paoli, who owns the Alpiner with fellow Colorado Group Realty broker owner Jon Wade, said it was shut down to re-evaluate the options for the 33-room motel that the pair purchased with investors in 2007. Alpiner Lodge in downtown Steamboat closes to re-evaluate future
• The Steamboat Springs School Board will re-evaluate the scope of a proposed school facilities improvement project at the request of Superintendent Brad Meeks. Steamboat School Board to re-evaluate facilities upgrade plan
• Routt County business owners know well the benefits of making sure their stores fill the needs of locals, and they’ve adapted to an environment where online shopping has become increasingly convenient and big box stores in other cities draw Routt County residents. Routt County businesses work to attract local customers
• Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper met with Northwest Colorado residents Monday morning at the Moffat County Fairgrounds Pavilion in a community forum to address issues facing the area. Gov. Hickenlooper speaks to Northwest Colorado residents in Craig
• Soroco High School girls basketball returns just one senior, but its core group of leaders and scorers is back. Leadership isn't the question. Whether or not the team can contend with league powers is. Rams girls hoops young but loaded with talent
Jimmy Westlake: A tale of two star clusters
Steamboat briefs: ‘Light Up the Night’ event at courthouse lawn Friday
The Record for Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013