Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• As James Diehl and Scott Berroth drove around Northwest Colorado in a GMC pickup on Monday, the two men talked about how great it was to be veterans. Soldiers in the spotlight at Hayden's Veterans Day program
• At stake Tuesday is city funding for a new police station in 2014 and $735,000 worth of salary and benefit adjustments for some city employees. Steamboat City Council to welcome new members, select president and tackle budget on Tuesday
• Yampa Valley Electric Association has purchased just less than 7 acres of commercial land on Elk River Road. Yampa Valley Electric Association purchases commercial parcel on Elk River Road
• Not that water hasn’t already been a major issue in the West, but Rep. Diane Mitsch Bush, D-Steamboat Springs, said, 2014 is the year of the Colorado water plan. Water forum panel believes Yampa River Basin has chance to do something different
• The second time around in the Routt County Planning process, Union Wireless has proposed to build a “monopine” telecommunication tower that resembles a 50-foot evergreen tree. Union Wireless appeals denial for new cell tower to Routt County Commissioners
• In their first competition of the season, Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club snowboarders grabbed a handful of podium finishes Sunday at Copper Mountain. Winter Sports Club snowboarders shine in season's first event
• At Monday night's Steamboat Springs School Board meeting, a school facilities improvement plan was approved as well as an official, CHSAA-sanctioned high school swim team. Board unanimously approves school facility plan, swim teams
• With the help of a local grant and parent donations, about two dozen Steamboat Springs High School student-athlete leaders were treated to a presentation by a former Olympian and coach on what it takes to be a better athlete. High school leaders get a lesson on 'How to be a Better Athlete'
Comet Lovejoy upstages ISON
The Record for Sunday, Nov. 10, 2013