Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• Lisa Marie Lesyshen, 45, was found by Routt County Sheriff’s Office deputies in her home early Wednesday. She was unconscious with a single gunshot wound and was taken by ambulance to Yampa Valley Medical Center and later flown to another hospital, where she is being guarded by sheriff's deputies. Sheriff’s Office: Husband says wife killed their son before turning gun on herself
• Carson Hooker said he last saw his friend Asher Lesyshen-Kirlan at school Tuesday acting the way he always will be remembered: happy and crazy and fun. Friends remember Asher Lesyshen-Kirlan as a charismatic, energetic boy | Remembering Asher Lesyshen-Kirlan photo gallery
• Duckels Construction is in the midst of a $3.1 million project to replace the existing U.S. Highway 40 bridge over the Elk River that was originally built in 1958 and is now deemed functionally obsolete. Traffic between Craig and Steamboat to be routed over temporary bridge
• Much of the moisture in May accumulated during a two-day event that ended May 20 with 0.9 inches of total precipitation that included nearly an inch of snow. May nearing average rainfall for month in Steamboat Springs
• Derek Fritz was named the Lift Maintenance Person of the Year, and Ted Serafy was named the Lift Operations Person of the Year, according to news releases. 2 Steamboat Ski Area employees honored by Rocky Mountain Lift Association
• Season passes for adults 18 to 69 are $979, teens 13 to 17 are $539, seniors 70 and older are $429 and children ages 6 to 12 are $299 if purchased by the early deadline. Early Steamboat Ski Area season pass pricing deadline Saturday
• The $200,000 grant request Oak Creek had been counting on to jump-start its project to install water meters across town has been denied. Oak Creek denied grant funds for water metering project
• The Steamboat Springs High School boys lacrosse team had a historic season. In the state’s first year with Class 4A, Steamboat made a run to the school’s first Final Four. So, of course, the postseason awards were plentiful. Steamboat Springs High School boys lacrosse team earns postseason honors
• Organizers are encouraging players to register by Friday. The tournament will take place June 3 with shotgun starts at 10 a.m. and noon. The tournament will use a modified two best ball and teams will be made up of four players. Tees will be assigned by handicap. Steamboat Golf Shoot-Out provides opportunity to support junior golf
• The Steamboat Springs Town Challenge Mountain Bike Race Series event scheduled for Wednesday has been postponed. Season-opening Town Challenge race postponed because of rain
• Pete Van De Carr says the annual Yampa River Festival is like the river itself: a fluid sort of thing, undulating from season to season. Yampa River Festival returns to Steamboat Springs
• A strong contingent of Steamboat Springs cyclists made the trip last weekend for the Gunnison Growler. Steamboat riders strong in Gunnison
Steamboat briefs: Chamber seeks volunteers for Steamboat Marathon
The Record for Tuesday, May 28, 2013