Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. Watch an audio slideshow with the best photos of the past week in Focal Points.
• Education leaders who supported the suit said it would have forced the Legislature to do a study about how much it takes to adequately educate a child and then work to address discrepancies in how much each district receives for its students. Educators in Routt County surprised, disappointed by court ruling on school finance lawsuit
• The progress thus far has been distilled into three growth alternatives, and members of the public are invited to learn more about the options and offer their preference at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Centennial Hall. Steamboat Springs Area Community Plan enters next phase of public input
• A group of U.S. Forest Service officers and university researchers gathered Tuesday night at Bud Werner Memorial Library to share what’s been learned in the wake of the mountain pine beetle epidemic and how the forests are moving forward. Researchers, US Forest Service officers study forests after beetle infestation
• For the past two years, Jenifer Hufman has served as the principal of the K-12 school in the Hoehne School District, a small town on the plains just north of Trinidad. South Routt School District names new principal to lead its secondary schools
• The Steamboat Springs Town Challenge Mountain Bike Series returns to town Wednesday with a race on Emerald Mountain. Town Challenge Mountain Bike Race Series opens Wednesday in Steamboat Springs
• A strong showing in a doubleheader against Rangely on Sunday helped the Steamboat Springs American Legion baseball team open the season at home on a winning note. Steamboat Springs Legion baseball team opens season with pair of victories against Rangely
• Steamboat Springs residents Lisa Renee Tumminello and Heather Gollnick are part of a four-person team trying to set a record at the Race Across America. Steamboat Springs cycling duo looking toward Race Across America
• The Routt County 4-H Club Livestock Judging Team has returned from a competition where it showcased the top two teams. Routt County livestock judging team cleans up
Steamboat briefs: Fish Creek Falls area to close today for maintenance
Our View: Routt County high school seniors turning a page
Thoughtful Parenting: Put your child in the correct car seat
Data Sense: Data highlights importance of agriculture in the valley
The Record for Monday, May 27