2013 American Legion baseball schedule
- May 26: Steamboat 15, Rangely 1 and Steamboat 23, Rangely 0
- June 2: vs. Battle Mountain at Emerald Park, 1 p.m.
- June 6: at Moffat County at Craig, 6 p.m.
- June 9: Game 1: Steamboat, 13, Palisade U16 7; Game 2: Palisade U16 16, Steamboat 13
- June 14 to 16: Steamboat American Legion squad grabs 2nd at Wyoming tournament
- June 22: Palisade 19, Steamboat 7
- June 23: Steamboat 15, Glenwood Springs 0
- June 29: Legion team records strong weekend
- June 30: at Summit County in Breckenridge, 11 a.m.
- July 2: vs. Moffat County at Emerald Park, 6 p.m.
- July 7: at Eagle Valley No. 1 in Gypsum, 11 a.m.
- July 12 to 14:
Steamboat Legion squad keep rolling in strong season"
- July 19 to 21: districts
- July 25 to 29: state
Steamboat Springs The Steamboat Springs American Legion baseball team begins its season Sunday with a doubleheader against Rangely.
The first game is slated for 11 a.m. at Emerald Blue.
During the game, there will be hot dogs and hamburgers for sale with proceeds benefiting the team.
There also will be two Western Slope Fundamental Baseball Camps on June 1 and 2.
June 1 is for children in seventh to 12th grades and runs from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. June 2 is for children in first through sixths grades and runs from 8 a.m. to noon.
The cost is $60. The camps will feature Paradise Valley Community College coach Joe Lefebre, Barstow Community College coach Pete Lelich, Colorado Northwest Community College coach Michael McGovern and former Steamboat Springs baseball player Alan Capistron.
For more information about the camps, call Dave Roy at 970-819-6868.
To reach Luke Graham, call 970-871-4229 or email lgraham@SteamboatToday.com