Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• Oak Creek is sponsoring a program to make sure youths who might’ve been without plans have a place to go this summer. Oak Creek plans summer program for South Routt youths
• The last band to be announced will be the first to get Steamboat residents ready for a rocking season: New Orleans quintet Dumpstaphunk will return to Northwest Colorado for a June 28 engagement at Howelsen Hill. Steamboat Springs Free Summer Concert Series finalizes schedule with Dumpstaphunk
• Soon after entering full runoff stage, the Yampa and Elk rivers likely are approaching their peak flows for the season, and experts caution that the rivers are dangerously cold for people who aren’t equipped with whitewater paddling gear. Temperatures spiking toward 80 degrees push Yampa River in Steamboat upward
• More than 30 students from The Lowell Whiteman School recently returned from their spring trips around the globe as part of the campus's Global Immersion Studies program. Lowell Whiteman students reflect on global excursions
• The Steamboat Springs Police Department is warning people about scams and investigating several instances of doctors' Social Security numbers being fraudulently used on tax returns. Steamboat Springs doctors targeted in tax fraud
• The ever-popular Eriksen Tour de Steamboat bike ride will have the same look this summer, but with one notable exception. The money raised during the event now will stay in Routt County. Changes underway to Tour de Steamboat fundraising ride
• Jeep threw a complete game, three-hitter against Glenwood Springs in a 6-1 win last week. He also hit a towering three-run home run in the game, providing all the insurance he needed. Athlete of the Week: Ryan Jeep
• Players and coaches from the Air Academy and Steamboat lacrosse teams are ready for the Final Four matchup. Steamboat Springs lacrosse team preps for Final 4
The Record for Monday, May 13, 2013
Data Sense: Sales tax collections poised for continued growth
Jimmy Westlake: Planets gather in evening sky
Thoughtful Parenting: To praise or not to praise?
Our View: Keep it rolling, Steamboat