Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. Watch an audio slideshow with the best photos from the past week with Focal Points.
• On the slopes of Steamboat, Chris Diamond oversaw the installation of the Christie Peak Express six-pack chairlift and the redesign of the lowest slopes to create moderate slopestyle parks. Steamboat Ski Corp. President Chris Diamond receives lifetime achievement award from National Ski Areas Association
• For the first time in five years, the district is anticipating it will receive more from the state for each of its students, not less. Steamboat Springs School District expects more revenue in budget next school year
• Buelter, the school's longtime assistant principal, will take over the helm for Tim Bishop beginning in the fall. Jerry Buelter named Steamboat Springs Middle School's next principal
• U.S. News & World Report recently ranked the campus as the 20th best high school in Colorado based on the academic performance of its students. Steamboat Springs High School earns high rating from national magazine
• Alpine Lumber Co. off Pine Grove Road in Steamboat Springs was broken into between Sunday evening and Monday morning, according to store manager Skip Dierdorff. Alpine Lumber in Steamboat Springs broken into; extent of theft not yet determined
• Thunderstorms and showers headline the forecast for Steamboat Springs this week. Wet weather dominates week ahead for Steamboat Springs
• Fleischer took up ski racing when he was 12 and living in Vail. What followed was a decade competing among the world's best, including in two Winter Olympics. Steamboat's Chad Fleischer to be inducted into Colorado Ski Hall of Fame
• The Steamboat Springs High School lacrosse team found out its fate Monday. The squad will open what it hopes to be a lengthy postseason run at 5 p.m. Wednesday, playing at home against Windsor. Steamboat Springs High School boys lacrosse draws Windsor in playoffs opener
Colorado road funds now can go to varying transit projects
Joel Reichenberger: Steamboat track coaches get creative to power team
Steamboat briefs: Grand Futures hosting an alcohol responsibility class
Jimmy Westlake: Bootes, the celestial cowboy
Tom Ross: The best things in life are free, or so sang a famous musician
The Record for May 5, 2013