Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• For years, the district's directors and administrators have received pay raises based on how much of an increase the district's teachers and classified staff receive. Steamboat Springs School District plans to change how pay raises are calculated for top employees
• The Democratic senator from Colorado is expected to talk with residents about a wide range of issues, including the Farm Bill, forest health and the upcoming wildfire season. US Sen. Michael Bennet to host town hall in Steamboat Springs on Friday
• Two Routt County women were the first in the county to take advantage of a new law allowing civil unions that went into effect Wednesday. Routt County sees 1st same-sex civil union
• The Hayden Town Council on Thursday will hear the proposal from the developers, brothers Louis and Stefanus Nijsten. Tax incentives sought to make Hayden hotel a reality
• Saved from budget cuts in autumn 2012, the Steamboat Springs Transit Yellow Line grew passenger numbers by 62 percent during the ski season. Public responds to rescued Steamboat Springs Transit line; ski season ridership up 62 percent
• Now on duty in the city of Steamboat Springs are four 2013 Ford Police Interceptors. Steamboat police, Routt County Sheriff's Office add Interceptors to fleets
• Dancers from Steamboat Springs’ Bennett School of Irish Dance brought home several awards from Feile Denver, an Irish dance competition April 14 and 15 in Loveland. Steamboat’s Irish dancers rack up awards at Loveland event
• Local prep sports teams' seasons wind down this weekend ahead of the postseason. Routt County teams prepare for weekend games
• The Steamboat Springs girls lacrosse team played one of its best games of the year in falling 15-10 to Grand Junction. Steamboat girls lacrosse keeps up with Grand Junction
• The Steamboat Springs High School girls tennis team is looking for its 10th-straight title after a strong start at the regional tournament. Steamboat Springs High School tennis team looking to lock up regional title, state berths
The Record for Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Steamboat briefs: Registration for summer semester at CMC underway