Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• A Routt County Department of Environmental Health official said he doesn't think contaminated water made it to the river. The state also plans to investigate the incident. Officials investigate concerns of water contamination from Steamboat hotel
• Although the new amendments have the potential to help Steamboat and a small group of other districts avoid eventual funding cuts, district officials here still have a number of concerns about Sen. Mike Johnston's legislation. Amendments improve Steamboat Springs School District's outlook on major school finance overhaul
• “Tourists and locals alike seek out and want to taste the local flavors. People are not only getting a meal, they’re getting an education,” Steamboat Springs restaurateur Michael Fragola said during Wednesday's National Agriculture Week breakfast. Community Agriculture Alliance hosts 'speed-dating' breakfast for town, country folks
• The Bear River Bike Park in Steamboat Springs is one of four pump track project finalists and 12 overall finalists in the Bell Built grant, chosen from more than 100 applicants. Online voting is ongoing, with Steamboat's project in second place in its category. Steamboat's Bear River Bike Park is finalist for Bell Built grant
• Auditions for this year's show are from 4:20 to 7:20 p.m. Sunday and from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday. Steamboat 'Cabaret' auditions are Sunday and Monday
• The town of Hayden may stop allowing residents to dispose of scrap wood during Hayden Clean-Up Day, which this year is May 4. Hayden Town Council to meet Thursday
• On Wednesday, the lodging tax committee heard presentations from four of the eight final applicants for the 1 percent lodging tax in Steamboat Springs that generates $650,000 to $800,000 annually. The presentations continue from noon to 2 p.m. Thursday at Centennial Hall. 1st day of public hearings wraps up for lodging tax proposal finalists
• The 16-year-old snowboarding sensation continued her banner year Wednesday at the X Games Tignes, finishing third in the half-pipe. Steamboat's Arielle Gold builds on monstrous season
Steamboat briefs: City of Steamboat Springs offers online sales tax filing
The Record for Tuesday, March 19, 2013