Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. Watch an audio slideshow of the best photos from the past week in Focal Points.
• Hinsvark's contract was approved after some discussion about how her job performance will be evaluated this year. Steamboat Springs City Council approves new contract for City Manager Deb Hinsvark
• Wiggins and Jantz maintain the legislation passed by Colorado's House and Senate won't keep guns out of the hands of criminals and instead will punish law-abiding citizens. Both sheriffs said Tuesday that gun control has been the No. 1 concern of their constituents in recent months, and that every email, phone call and comment they have heard is from residents who oppose gun control legislation. Routt and Moffat county sheriffs say they won't, and can't, enforce new Colorado gun laws
• Routt County Coroner Rob Ryg on Tuesday identified the man who died Monday of an apparent heart attack while skiing as Robert Gawley, 64, of Fayetteville, Ark. Authorities identify man who died of heart attack while skiing at Steamboat Ski Area
• The lodging tax committee will host public hearings on the finalists at noon Wednesday and Thursday in Centennial Hall, representing the last step for the committee in a process that began last summer. Lodging tax committee to hold public hearings Wednesday, Thursday on final proposals
• "Now’s the time to do it. Hiring a person with the right skill sets is really critical for us," County Manager Tom Sullivan said Tuesday. Routt County uses openng on planning staff to seek new assistant director
• There has been modest improvement in the last two weeks near the 10,500-foot summit of Buffalo Pass, where an additional 2.4 inches of water has accumulated in the snow since March 6. Yampa Valley can expect rain before the snow returns Thursday
• The Steamboat Springs boys lacrosse team had its 39-game Mountain League winning streak snapped in Aspen on Tuesday. Steamboat Springs boys lacrosse team loses 1st league game
• This week's Athlete of the Week is Nikki Fry, a senior on the Steamboat Springs High School girls lacrosse team. Athlete of the Week: Nikki Fry
College roundup for March 20
Our View: Time for honest class size discussion in Steamboat school district
Thoughtful Parenting: What makes a good snack?
Jimmy Westlake: Auroras return to the Yampa Valley
Steamboat briefs: Sailors girls tennis team is selling flowers as fundraiser
The Record for Monday, March 18, 2013