Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• After discovering Gillian “Jill” Gentile’s body in a Steamboat Springs hotel room, Sam Wisecup Jr. used the dead woman’s credit card to extend her hotel stay by two nights and took off for Texas in her SUV while accompanied by another woman, according to an arrest affidavit filed in Routt County Court. Affidavit details chain of events leading to arrests in case of woman found dead in a Steamboat hotel | Police: Alcohol, not murder, may have led to Routt County woman's death
• It is suspected a heart attack caused a 64-year-old Arkansas man to collapse at Steamboat Ski Area and later die at Yampa Valley Medical Center. Arkansas man dies after having heart attack at Steamboat Ski Area
• Tim Miles on Monday night kicked off his presentation on the future technology needs of the Steamboat Springs School District by handing out something he said shows just how quickly the options for educators are changing. Steamboat Springs School Board discusses future technology and capital needs
• Weeks after the city of Steamboat Springs determined its Iron Horse Inn isn't destined to become a police station, the half-vacant hotel complex now is being eyed for something else. Affordable housing developer eyes Iron Horse Inn as potential site for new project
• The new Eagleridge Chadwick would represent a revival of an uncompleted parcel in the existing Chadwick Estates Villas townhomes originally approved in 2007 and halted after the real estate downturn. Plan for six new condos in Steamboat's Eagleridge neighborhood tabled by Planning Commission
• The snow showers that persisted during Monday should take Tuesday off before returning Wednesday and through the weekend. After sunny Tuesday, Steamboat should see snowfall continue into weekend
• The Yampa Valley Sustainability Council's ReTree Steamboat program to replace trees devastated by the mountain pine beetle is in the running for a $5,000 grant from Alpine Initiatives. ReTree Steamboat could receive $5,000 grant from Alpine Initiative contest
• The Sailors, 1-3, opened their season with a 15-6 loss to the squad, and fell 12-6 on Monday. Steamboat girls lacrosse falls again to Aspen
Tom Ross: Routt County's earliest ranchers were drawn to Twentymile Park
Steamboat briefs: Free mulch from recycled trees now is available
The Record for Sunday, March 17, 2013