Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• District Attorney Brett Barkey has enlisted the help of 16 residents to sit on a grand jury that will help investigate potentially difficult cases that come up over the next year. Grand jury seated for Routt, Moffat and Grand counties
• Season passes for adults will increase $20 to $979 if purchased by June 1. The 2.1 percent increase from the 2012-13 adult season pass rate is the largest increase in pass prices for next season. Steamboat Ski Area announces pass prices for 2013-14 ski season
• The Spring Author Series begins its second year at 6:30 p.m. Monday with climber and author of “The Ledge” Jim Davidson. Bud Werner Memorial Library's Spring Author Series brings bestsellers to Steamboat
• The attorney representing former Routt County Sheriff Gary Wall in a DUI case wants his client’s blood sample to be retested. Attorney wants former sheriff's blood retested in DUI case
• Billy Kidd said Buddy Werner’s humility and sportsmanship were never more evident than at the 1964 Winter Olympics in Innsbruck, Austria. Library builds on Buddy Werner's place in Steamboat Springs history
• The Routt County District Attorney’s Office has filed charges against a 29-year-old Steamboat Springs man accused of distributing methamphetamine to a person working with the All Crimes Enforcement Team drug task force. Steamboat man suspected of dealing methamphetamine
• Steamboat companies Big Agnes and Sweetwood Cattle Co. were honored as 2013 Backpacker Magazine Editors’ Choice Award winners. Steamboat Springs companies earn nod from Backpacker Magazine
• Soda Creek Elementary School never was supposed to get this big. When the doors of the new school opened in 2008, the Steamboat Springs School District expected it would hold no more than 450 kids for the foreseeable future. Today, it is home to 544. Future Steamboat Springs School District enrollment gains could create need for more classrooms
• The Steamboat Springs bantam A hockey team finished its season Saturday with a 1-0 loss to Crested Butte in the Continental Divide Youth Hockey League semifinal game. Steamboat Springs bantam team falls in playoffs
Oak Creek Town Board to host Routt County commissioners
Steamboat briefs: Registration is open for BookTrails reading camp
The Record for Tuesday, March 12, 2013