Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• The Routt County Board of Commissioners voted unanimously Tuesday to prohibit marijuana on all county property. The resolution prohibits the sale, possession, use or display of marijuana. Routt commissioners vote to ban marijuana on all county property
• For the second time in Dance Theatre history, there will be a piece with an all-male cast. Choreographer Roddy Beall recruited the dancers by going to parties and reaching out to athletic teams, which is appropriate considering Beall described the feeling before a performance as similar to "how it feels in a locker room before a game.” Steamboat Dance Theatre back for 41st year
• The school board at Heritage Christian School is hoping its decision to drop tuition rates significantly next school year will attract a wave of new students to the private campus just west of Steamboat Springs. Heritage Christian School to significantly reduce tuition rates next school year
• A magnitude 2.4 earthquake hit Routt County at 10:12 p.m. Sunday. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the earthquake happened 11 miles west of Steamboat Springs at a depth of 0.6 miles. Small earthquake measured in Routt County
• Along with a recent audit that revealed the district is in good financial health, the savings are a welcome piece of financial news for a school system expected to face another tough budget season. Refinancing of Steamboat Springs School District bonds expected to save taxpayers money
• The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club freestyle ski team picked up multiple top results during the weekend at events in Vail and Copper Mountain. Steamboat Springs freestyle skiers compete in 2 events
• Steamboat Springs resident Ryan O’Donnell pocketed a little more than $46,000 on Monday evening by finishing fifth in the Heartland Poker Tour event at the Golden Gates Casino in Blackhawk. Steamboat resident 5th in Heartland Poker Tour, pockets $46,299
Athlete of the Week: Christian Ramirez
Equipment delays Wednesday newspaper delivery
Our View: When it comes to water, save early and save often
Steamboat briefs: Indian food cooking class is Saturday at City Cafe
Thoughtful Parenting: 5 to thrive
The Record for Monday, March 11, 2013