Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• When he first reported the fire around 12:30 p.m., West Routt Fire Chief Bryan Rickman estimated it had burned about half an acre and had a moderate potential of spreading. Carpenter Ranch wildfire stays at 5 acres while firefighters pause efforts until Tuesday
• The two wildfires at Dinosaur National Monument have merged into one 380-acre fire, and fire managers are working to suppress the blaze. 2 fires merge into one at Dinosaur National Monument
• Tour de Steamboat organizer Kent Eriksen, of Eriksen Cycles, has training tips for people aspiring to the full 110-mile ride or one of the shorter options. Get ready for Tour de Steamboat road bicycling event with training tips
• Steamboat Springs City Manager Deb Hinsvark told a group of about 20 senior citizens Monday that as city officials enter the autumn budget process, staff and the City Council will seek to restore employees in the Planning and Parks, Open Space and Recreation Services departments to 40-hour work weeks. At the same time, city officials hope to bring salaries of all city employees up to current market rates for their job descriptions. City to focus on employee hours, compensation
• Wherever there's a new playground, trail or healthy eating initiative popping up in Routt County, chances are Barb Parnell played a pivotal role in it. Steamboat's Barb Parnell earns national award for promoting healthy lifestyles in Northwest Colorado
• County Manager Tom Sullivan previously said that the county’s funding match on the bridge projects is comparable to what it would spend just to repair one of the old bridges. Routt County poised to award design contracts for new bridges
• The Taste of South Routt is fast approaching, and there's still plenty of ways to contribute to the annual event. Annual Taste of South Routt seeks donations, volunteers
• Yampa Valley Electric Association has hired Diane Johnson to replace Larry Covillo as general manager of the rural electric co-op. Yampa Valley Electric Association hires new general manager
• Voters still can return their ballots to the school district's administrative offices from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, or drop them off at Town Hall during normal business hours. Tuesday marks end of special election in Hayden School District
• The Steamboat Springs American Legion baseball team stumbled Sunday in the championship game of a weekend tournament in Green River, Wyo., but not before the squad pieced together a ton of solid baseball that paved the way to the finals. Steamboat's legion baseball team grabs second in Wyoming tournament
Joel Reichenberger: Jersey purchases make for a dangerous game
Tom Ross: Valley View Trail at Steamboat Ski Area offers good training for hiking bigger mountains
Steamboat briefs: Few openings remain for annual writers conference
The Record for June 16, 2013