Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• As ideal fire weather caused the Black Forest Fire to blow up Wednesday afternoon, a contingent of Routt County firefighters was arriving in the Colorado Springs foothills to help. Routt County firefighters working Black Forest Fire in Colorado Springs
• As the temperature again flirted with 90 degrees Wednesday and the wind persisted, the fire danger in Routt County was raised from low to high. Fire danger raised to high in Routt County
• A 300-pound bear was struck by a pickup and killed after attempting to cross U.S. Highway 40 near Milner on Wednesday afternoon. Bear dies after being hit by pickup near Milner
• Ironically, it wasn’t live music at the Hahn's Peak Roadhouse that concerned Routt County officials and neighbors this week as much as the possibility that contaminants from pastured horses on the property could run off and find their way into the water supply. Landmark North Routt business gets permit revision from Routt County
• Yampa Valley Regional Airport Manager Dave Ruppel said he had heard some complaints about the limited number of flights this spring but said the addition of the second flight this month has made it easier for travelers to make connections in Denver. With just 1 flight, Yampa Valley Regional Airport passenger numbers down 3,500 in April and May
• The Steamboat Springs Chamber Resort Association’s lodging barometer reports about 8,600 visitors have made plans to stay Saturday night in Steamboat. Steamboat lodging barometer projects uptick in visitors
• The Oak Creek Town Board will meet at 7 p.m Thursday in town offices and host a discussion with Jackie Brown, of the Routt County Conservation District, and Mike Zopf, director of Routt County's environmental health department, about the watershed planning process. Oak Creek Town Board to host watershed planning discussion
• The 25th annual Mustang Roundup returns Thursday to Sunday to the Yampa Valley, promising to make Steamboat Springs a vehicular paradise. Steamboat Springs to welcome Mustangs
• National Cattledog Association Finals continue through Sunday at Flying Diamond Ranch. Steamboat Springs draws National Cattledog Association Finals
• Members of the Steamboat Springs Swim Team celebrate after a meet in Rangely. The team cleaned up, claiming 33 podium finishes. Steamboat Swim Team cleans up at Rangely meet
• Wednesday's Town Challenge race at Steamboat Ski Area drew 182 racers, and it demanded all they had. Tough course doesn't slow Steamboat Town Challenge riders
Steamboat briefs: Ukrazy is hosting a ukulele clinic on June 22 for $10
The Record for Tuesday, June 11, 2013