Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• Notable changes include adding another weekly flight from Los Angeles and increasing Saturday seats coming from Newark and Houston into Yampa Valley Regional Airport in Hayden. However, there are fewer seats guaranteed for the daily Chicago and Dallas/Fort Worth flights. Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp. releases initial schedule for 2013-14 winter airline program
• The Routt County woman accused of killing her 9-year-old son is paralyzed at a Denver hospital, and it is unclear whether the damage is permanent. Routt County Sheriff's Office making arrangements for paralyzed murder suspect
• On Tuesday, Steamboat Springs Planning Director Tyler Gibbs presented a plan to allow portable signs downtown during the summer ahead of a more permanent solution. Plan to allow portable signs in downtown Steamboat sees movement
• The Steamboat Springs community is again rallying around Izaac Kinnison, an 11-year-old boy who found out last month the cancerous tumor in his head had returned. Steamboat Springs boy again battling cancer 'alien'
• Steamboat Springs pottery artist Deb Babcock has turned to the site Etsy to help grow her business. Steamboat Springs artist finds creative way to sell art
• EAGLE-Net representatives visited Moffat County Tuesday for the first time in five months, highlighting the procedures and problems that the broadband-internet alliance is currently facing. EAGLE-Net officials visit Moffat County, Craig about broadband services
• A 10-person committee wants Moffat County voters to extend the term limits from two terms to three for county elected officials, which means an additional four years in office. Moffat County term limit extensions being discussed
• The Howelsen Hill BMX track will be playing host to its first night of racing this season Thursday night, that action launching a series of eight regular events this summer. BMX racing back for 3rd summer on new track in Steamboat
• The Town Challenge Mountain Bike Race Series returns Wednesday with a challenging course that will send riders up, down, up and down again on the slopes of the Steamboat Ski Area. Town Challenge bike racing returns to Mount Werner
• Steamboat’s High Altitude Basketball Club took four teams to the Mid-American Youth Basketball Denver tournament, each playing several top club teams from across the region. Steamboat Springs AAU hoops teams play in Denver
• Sam Samlowski was honored with the Steamboat Springs Junior Golf Association's first-ever scholarship. Sam Samlowski earns Steamboat Springs Junior Golf Association's first-ever scholarship
Thoughtful Parenting: Start the summer off right
Data Sense: Gasoline prices expected to fall Steamboat briefs: Optimist Club Fishing Derby and Pancake Breakfast set for Saturday
Our View: Steamboat Springs School Board makes right move with ballot question
The Record for Monday, June 10, 2013