Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• On Tuesday morning, the Upper Yampa Water Conservancy District began releasing water leased by the Colorado Water Trust into the Yampa River to help bolster flows. Water leased by Colorado Water Trust starts flowing into Yampa
• Residents and visitors here who have had to bundle up and wait at a bus stop in subzero temperatures might find an upcoming technology upgrade to Steamboat Springs' free bus system particularly useful. New GPS tracking system one of many new upgrades coming to Steamboat Springs Transit
• Lisa Adamo said Tuesday that she always is looking into the possibility of using more alternative fuels in her taxi fleet based in Steamboat Springs. Routt County to be part of new alternative fuel vehicle project
• The Dinosaur Town Council met with Moffat County commissioners Tuesday to discuss a new plan to get ambulance service to western Moffat County. Officials have until Aug. 31 to secure emergency medical services now that Rangely District Hospital informed the council it would stop serving that area. Officials from Dinosaur meet with Moffat County to discuss ambulance service
• The Stanford family is moving to Lawrence, Kan., and Kelly Stanford has accepted a position as the resource development manager for Communities in Schools of Kansas in its state office. Routt County United Way Executive Director Kelly Stanford moving on
• The organization is looking to raise an additional $50,000 for its grants this year and other programs, such as the Holiday Wishes Program and Community Thanksgiving Dinner. Routt County United Way makes final fundraising push for 2013
• Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp. has unveiled the first slate of twilight bike clinics offered on the Steamboat Bike Park this summer. Former professional mountain biker and current supervisor of the Steamboat Bike School, Trevyn Newpher, will run the program. Steamboat Ski and Resort Corp. announces twilight bike clinics
• Steamboat Springs cyclist D.J. Nudy placed third in the Super D event in the men's senior 19 to 29 division at the USA Cycling Cross-Country Mountain Bike Nationals in Pennsylvania. Nudy nabs podium at mountain bike nationals
Our View: Yampa project needs better name
Steamboat briefs; Fire restrictions lifted on private lands in city limits, unincorporated Routt County
Thoughtful Parenting: Star charts and stickers 101
Tom Ross: Pioneer life in Hell's Canyon along the Yampa River in Moffat County
The Record for Monday, July 22, 2013