Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• Lisa Schlichtman began her tenure as editor Monday. She comes to the Pilot & Today after more than 20 years as a newspaper reporter, editor, owner and publisher in the communities of Cassville and Monett in southwest Missouri. Pilot & Today welcomes new editor, announces leadership transition
• Susan and Josh Boles closed July 15 on the Elk River Guest Ranch. Four days later their first guests checked in. New owners of Elk River Guest Ranch restarting operations
• Faced with another resignation and no identified candidates for District 2, Steamboat Springs School Board President Brian Kelly on Sunday pondered whether new financial incentives for board members will be needed in the future to attract strong candidates. Steamboat Springs School Board down 1 member after resignation
• At 11 a.m. Monday, the typically quiet waiting lobby at Yampa Valley Medical Center hosted a rare party. The hospital recently was rated by Healthgrades in the top 5 percent of hospitals nationwide for its patient safety. Yampa Valley Medical Center earns stellar patient safety rating
• The Steamboat Springs Legion baseball team collected another tournament win last weekend, and is now looking for a strong showing at the state tournament later this week. Legion baseball team collects another title, prepares for state championships
• A cycling trip to the course of the Tour de France left a group of locals with plenty of stories to tell. Steamboat group soaks up the cycling life in France
Joel Reichenberger: Rabbit Ears finish would show Steamboat at its best
Steamboat briefs: Trapeze instruction is offered Saturday at Perry-Mansfield
The Record for Sunday, July 21, 2013