Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• The new flight on Alaska Airlines, in addition to a United flight from Los Angeles, gives Steamboat connections to two major West Coast hubs. Steamboat lands direct ski season flight from Seattle
• At 11 a.m., it's feeding time at the Bye household, and four of the newest arrivals obviously are hungry. Tracy Bye on Tuesday opened a kennel and removed a bowl lined with paper towels. Inside were four baby robins that began chirping and reaching their necks toward the ceiling in anticipation of a meal. Steamboat Springs wildlife center celebrates 20 years
• Mountain Dream Developers has been doing the demolition work inside the space that used by be occupied by the Panda Garden restaurant in Steamboat Springs. No new tenant identified for Central Park Plaza restaurant space
• The city's planning department hopes it starts to see the business owners who put out the signs apply for the sign permits they need to avoid a costly citation. Many new sandwich board signs in Steamboat Springs out of compliance with city code
• The Steamboat Springs City Council now wants to ask voters to approve the distribution of the tax for only the next decade on the hiking and biking trails as well as the Yampa River promenade. Steamboat Springs City Council has new plan for how to spend lodging tax
• An estimated 700 participants are riding in this weekend's Tour de Steamboat fundraiser, and each of them will get to know the satisfaction of a cold beer at the end of a long day. Tour de Steamboat fundraising ride returns Saturday
• Matt Tredway, Dana Tredway and Debra Conroy joined a group from Western State Colorado University for a trip to Nepal. Despite a major weather-induced change, they said it was an experience they'll never forget. Missed summit during trip to Nepal doesn't dampen locals' trek
Our View: Wildlife encounters pose safety risk
Thoughtful Parenting: What's the big deal about added sugar?
Steamboat briefs: Steamboat Dance Theatre accepting scholarship applications
The Record for Monday, July 15, 2013