Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• There were flags, animals, candies, Super Soakers, dancing and even a fire breathing dragon. The Fourth of July parade on Lincoln Avenue in downtown Steamboat Springs was a kid’s dream. July 4th parade showcases flavor of Routt County, Steamboat Springs
• The Yampa 4th of July parade has become a tradition, with its character being the best part. Yampa parade a 4th of July tradition
• From the middle of June to the middle of July cowboys from around the region put the miles on in chase of prize money. Steamboat Springs among Cowboy Christmas stop
• Todd Lodwick won his fourth consecutive July Fourth Nordic combined event on the streets of his hometown of Steamboat Springs. Lodwick again tops in July 4 jumping event
• Alex Wood is the Rudy Ruettiger that makes you fear for the well-being of your doorframe. The 6-foot-2, 245-pound redshirt senior at University of Colorado’s underdog story began with a lesson that pre-empts all impossible feats becoming possible. Steamboat grad Alex Wood entering final year at University of Colorado
Community Agriculture Alliance: Northwest Colorado Birding Trail finished
A Dog's Eye View: It's hotter than you think
Steamboat briefs: 4-week meditation, book study starts Wednesday
The Record for Wednesday, July 3, 2013
• The Pirate Theatre will debut its monthly show on Friday after First Friday Artwalk. Judging from rehearsal, it's onto to something. Steamboat Springs Pirate Theatre to debut new monthly show
• Jim Gmeiner's art is hard to define. But the Steamboat Springs artist's work brings a unique perspective to photography. He'll show his art at 5 p.m. Friday at the Steamboat Springs Center For Visual Arts. Steamboat's Jim Gmeiner to display unique photos
• Sam Bush played his 39th straight Telluride Bluegrass Festival this summer. The King of Newgrass returns to Steamboat on Friday for the free concert. Sam Bush set for Steamboat Springs Free Summer Concert Series