Thursday, January 31, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• Sonja Hinrichsen will make her snow drawings in Routt County for the third year this weekend, and for the second time she is enlisting the help of as many community volunteers as possible. Snow drawings to decorate Yampa Valley's white canvas again
• Although the Steamboat Springs Transit Yellow Line is running this year, its future still is in flux. A group met Wednesday afternoon to talk about short- and long-term funding solutions for the free bus route. Group meets to discuss future of Steamboat Springs Transit Yellow Line bus route
• Airline flights destined for Yampa Valley Regional Airport on Wednesday were nearly 70 percent booked with 675 passengers, but about half of those travelers weren’t going to make it to Steamboat after their flights were canceled. 3 Yampa Valley Regional Airport flights canceled during Wednesday storm
• Sara Craig-Scheckman learned at a young age she had a knack for making a difference, and in 2005 she helped found the Craig-Scheckman Family Foundation, which recently surpassed $1 million in contributions to community organizations. Craig-Scheckman Family Foundation continues to grow in Routt County
• As much as 16 inches of snow is expected in town by Thursday evening with almost double that total possible for Steamboat Ski Area. Powerful storm to exit Steamboat by Thursday afternoon but not before dumping as much as 2 1/2 feet at ski area
• The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club freestyle program notched seven podium finishes at a Rocky Mountain Qualifier Series event in Steamboat during the weekend. Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club freestyle team gets 7 on podium at Rocky Mountain Qualifier Series
• Steamboat Springs snowboarders Taylor and Arielle Gold qualified for the finals of the Sprint U.S. Grand Prix in Park City, Utah. Steamboat Springs snowboarders qualify for finals at Grand Prix
• Routt County sports teams get back to action this weekend with all three area schools competing. Routt County teams ready for weekend action
• The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club freeskiing team competed in half-pipe and slope-style events during the weekend in Breckenridge. Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club freeskiing team earns top finishes
Steamboat briefs: Hayden Town Board to discuss health insurance at Thursday meeting
The Record for Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2013