Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. Watch an audio slideshow of the best photos from the past week in Focal Points.
• Meteorologist Mike Weissbluth said Steamboat was in a localized plume of convection causing heavy and persistent snow showers. Steamboat skiers romp through 24 inches that fell in 24 hours
• Small-scale dairy farmer John Weibel didn’t get the answers he was seeking from the Routt County Board of Commissioners on Tuesday. Routt County commissioners: No building code exception for dairy farmer
• Brandon Owens is joining the nonprofit organization as an independent contractor and adviser on data projects and products, according to a news release. Yampa Valley Data Partners hires new economic analyst
• A middle and high school Nordic race scheduled Saturday in Leadville has been moved to Steamboat because the course didn’t have enough snow. Steamboat Springs set to host Nordic race Saturday
• Several Steamboat skiers performed well at the Governor’s Cup 30-kilometer cross-country ski race Saturday at Devil’s Thumb Ranch in Delta. Steamboat Springs skiers compete in Governor’s Cup cross-country ski race
• Several Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club U10 and U12 athletes notched solid finishes during the weekend at a Rocky Mountain Division event at Sunlight Mountain Resort. U10, U12 Alpine athletes bring home top finishes
• Read up on how local athletes are doing for their college teams. Routt County collegiate athletes roundup for Jan. 29
Steamboat briefs: Rabi weekend events for Har Mishpacha start Friday
Our View: Time for clarity with city manager search
First Friday Artwalk listings for Feb. 1
Thoughtful Parenting: Make the healthy choice the easy choice
Athlete of the Week: Paul Laliberte
The Record for Monday, Jan. 28, 2013