2012-13 Sailors hockey schedule
- Nov. 28: Steamboat 8, Battle Mountain 2
- Dec. 3: Steamboat 4, Summit 2
- Dec. 14: Steamboat 4, Aspen 3
- Dec. 21: Steamboat 3, Chatfield 3
- Dec. 22: Resurrection Christian 4, Steamboat 2
- Jan. 4: Pine Creek 5, Steamboat 2
- Jan. 5: Columbine 6, Steamboat 1
- Jan. 9: Aspen 4, Steamboat 1
- Jan. 12: Steamboat 4, Cherry Creek 2
- Jan. 18: Steamboat 2, Battle Mountain 1
- Jan. 19: Steamboat 6, Kent Denver 3
- Jan. 25: Mullen 6, Steamboat 2
- Jan. 26: Standley Lake 3, Steamboat 2
- Feb. 1: Regis Jesuit 7, Steamboat 0
- Feb. 2: Steamboat 4, Dakota Ridge 4
- Feb. 8: Steamboat 5, Fountain Valley 1
- Feb. 9: Monarch 6, Steamboat 4
- Feb. 15: Steamboat 3, Summit 3
- Feb. 16: Ralston Valley 2, Steamboat 1
The Steamboat Springs High School hockey team scored two third-period goals but even that wasn’t enough to rescue the Sailors from the hole they found themselves in Saturday.
The Sailors ended up with a 3-2 loss playing on the road at Standley Lake.
Standley Lake scored the game’s first three goals, opening the game with a power play score in the first period before building on that with two goals in the second.
Jordan Gorr scored in a power play opportunity with an assist from Jarret Walt to get Steamboat on the board early in the third. Jackson Perry then took advantage of another power play opportunity later in the period, scoring on assists from Ben Wharton and Christian Ramirez to pull the Sailors within one. They couldn’t get that final equalizing goal, however.
The loss drops the team to 6-7 on the season. It was the second setback in an important weekend as the team saw two teams that it aligned close to in the division standings. Mullen beat Steamboat, 6-2, on Friday.
Steamboat next plays Friday on the road against Regis, one of the top teams in the division.