Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
• After a cold, dry start to January, Steamboat Springs could see the return of snow going into the weekend. Steamboat could break cold, dry weather spell this weekend
• A preliminary hearing has been rescheduled for the man accused of firing a gun toward three people June 9 outside a downtown Steamboat Springs bar. Preliminary hearing rescheduled for suspected Steamboat bar shooter
• A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for a man accused of vehicular homicide related to a suspected DUI crash in October that killed the passenger in South Routt County. Brighton man accused of vehicular homicide related to South Routt County crash
• Ryan Spaustat, president of Landmark Consultants, said the development community has regarded the planned unit development process — which will be reviewed at a Thursday meeting — as a form of punishment that potentially can cost many thousands of dollars. Steamboat Springs city planners hope to inspire innovative development
• Some of the 16 applications for Steamboat Springs' lucrative lodging tax were easier to nix Wednesday than others. Race for Steamboat Springs lodging tax dollars narrows to 8 finalists
• The Steamboat Springs School District plans to take over its nursing program from the Northwest Colorado Visiting Nurse Association in an effort to avoid a cost increase next year and strengthen the program. Steamboat Springs School District to bring its nursing program in-house
• Steamboat Springs snowboarder Matt Ladley has been close to an X Games podium before and thinks this could be the year. Steamboat Springs snowboarders prepare for X Games
• Five Steamboat Springs Nordic combined skiers struggled Wednesday at the Junior World Championships in Liberec, Czech Republic. Steamboat Nordic combined skiers struggle at Junior World Championships
• Evan Weinman and Gretchen Burkholder qualified for the trip to Trondheim, Norway, based on their finishes at the U.S. Nationals in early January. Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club cross-country athletes compete in Scando Cup in Norway
• The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club cross-country program competed in the season's first two Rocky Mountain Nordic Junior National Qualifying Races this past weekend in Vail. Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club cross-country skiers notch top finishes in Vail
Routt County sports teams prepare for busy weekend
Oak Creek Town Board to have work session on comprehensive plan
Steamboat briefs: Weekly Yoga Raves class is Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m.
The Record for Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013