Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here. Watch an audio slideshow of the best photos from staff and readers during the past week with Focal Points.
• The brevity of Tuesday night’s hearing was in marked contrast to a March 20, 2012, Quicksilver Resources permit hearing that lasted for seven hours and ended after midnight. Quicksilver wins approval in record time for latest Routt County oil well
• The program runs the gamut of dance genres, importing belly dance, hip-hop, contemporary, country and jazz styles set to music touching on everything from 1990s rap to indie rock to dubstep. Steamboat students produce, choreograph and direct diverse Dance Showcase
• Steamboat Springs likely fared better than other Colorado ski resorts during the first part of the season, according to local lodging executives. Steamboat snow message stands out among Colorado ski resorts
• A new citizen-heavy task force soon will help to decide how the city should execute and pay for costly upgrades to its stormwater infrastructure. Steamboat Springs City Council endorses creation of new stormwater task force
• Many council members indicated they're satisfied with Interim City Manager Deb Hinsvark's leadership and would like to maintain the status quo. Search for permanent Steamboat Springs city manager delayed again
• Bryce Jacobson announced Tuesday his resignation as the publisher of the Craig Daily Press. He is leaving to accept a position as the advertising director of the Greeley Tribune. Bryce Jacobson resigns as Craig Daily Press publisher
• The annual fundraiser for Advocates Building Peaceful Communities is upping the ante with a two-day event this weekend. Steamboat Springs' Ski for Women fundraiser turns 12
• A Steamboat Springs dietician offers a few tips for those holding on to a New year’s resolution geared toward fitness, and the Old Town Hot Springs is providing an extra shot of motivation. Old Town Hot Springs calling on members for fitness challenge
• The Steamboat Springs High School wrestling team returned from its busiest weekend of the year with top results. Steamboat Springs wrestlers return from busy weekend
Steamboat briefs: Yampatika hosts daily programs for Boys & Girls Club during Blues Break
The Record for Monday, Jan. 21, 2013
Our View: Making, and not making, the grade
Thoughtful Parenting: Helping babies thrive