Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here. Watch an audio slideshow of the best staff and reader photos from the past week in Focal Points.
• A school-rating website gave the campus an A+ rating and ranked it seventh out of 491 middle schools in the state based on its students' performance on the Transitional Colorado Assessment Program. Steamboat Springs Middle School shines in new report card of Colorado public schools
• The 1979 graduate of Steamboat Springs High School is scheduled for a six-month stay at the International Space Station beginning in March 2014. Steamboat Springs astronaut Steve Swanson headed back to space
• The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club dominated the first of five events as part of the Steamboat Park Challenge on Sunday at Rabbit Ears Terrain park. Winter Sports Club athletes dominate Steamboat Park Challenge
• Six Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club athletes competed in the North Face Invitational Junior Rail Jam during the weekend. Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club athletes do well at North Face rail jam
• The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club junior ability and junior freestyle teams picked up top finishes during the weekend at the first Rocky Mountain Qualifier Series mogul competition in Telluride. Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club moguls team cleans up in Telluride
• Multiple Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club athletes are preparing for the FIS Snowboard World Championships, which begin Thursday in Quebec. Steamboat Springs athletes prepare for Snowboard World Championships
Athlete of the Week: Suzanne Lyon
The Record for Monday, Jan. 14, 2013
Joanne Palmer: Skinny jeans and penguin watching
Thoughtful Parenting: Supporting infant development
Our View: Oil, gas rules to live by — for now
Steamboat briefs: Curries Around the World cooking class is Saturday