Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
• Yampa Valley High School teacher Chuck Rosemond told the Steamboat Springs School Board on Monday night his campus has grown up in many ways in the past year. Yampa Valley High School benefits from stronger collaboration with Steamboat Springs School District
• Steamboat Springs will form a task force of city officials and community members to help answer what could end up being a more than $40 million question: How should the city pay for costly upgrades and repairs to its stormwater system at a time city officials say they don't have the money? Steamboat Springs to form task force to determine how to pay for stormwater system upgrades that could top $40 million
• Members of the Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club's Nordic program grabbed most of the top finishes during a junior national championships qualifier last weekend at Howelsen Hill. Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club athletes shine in junior championships qualifier
• With the forecast in mind, Yampa Valley residents should take precautions for cold weather and possible emergency situations. Take precautions for extreme cold weather in Yampa Valley
• Private landowners gave the property to the U.S. Forest Service at the end of 2012. Forest Service officials say they'll now be able to more effectively manage wildlife species such as native cutthrout trout that live in some of the streams in California Park. 120-acre donation provides public land connectivity in California Park
• Fusion Fit made a big upgrade in location to start 2013, more than tripling the space available for CrossFit workouts. Fusion Fit flips to other end of Steamboat Springs
• It was a busy weekend in sports for local high school teams. Here's what you missed and what it means. Routt County high school sports roundup
Routt County collegiate athletes roundup for Jan. 15
The Record for Jan. 13, 2013
Jimmy Westlake: When the moon meets Jupiter
Steamboat briefs: Partners plans events for National Mentoring Month