Thursday, January 3, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition here. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos here.
• An investigation is under way to determine what caused a chair on a lift at Steamboat Ski Area to lose its grip and slide backward Monday. Investigation under way to determine what caused chair to slide backward on Steamboat Ski Area lift
• Routt County's proposal would have required energy companies to check for pollutants in new monitoring wells between the oil wells and water wells. Proposed changes to oil and gas regulations don't address Routt County's main concern
• A 2008 Hayden High School graduate got a good review just one year into his firefighting career with a department in Liberal, Kan. Hayden native named rookie of the year at Kansas fire department
• As preparations continue for MusicFest in Steamboat Springs, a portion of the Knoll Parking Lot at Steamboat Ski Area will close. MusicFest tent goes up Thursday in Knoll Parking Lot at Steamboat Ski Area
• Chief Mel Stewart said the man had put a pan with oil on the stove before falling asleep. Fire alarm may have saved man's life in Steamboat
• Although the overnight low Thursday morning was expected to be 11 degrees below zero, the trend for daytime highs this week is expected to moderate from the single-digit daytime temperatures of the long New Year’s weekend. Northwest Colorado's snowpack leads the way across the state
The Record for Jan. 1, 2013
Steamboat briefs: Lake Catamount Touring Center offers women's cross-country series
Colorado industries with momentum going into 2013