Thursday, February 28, 2013
Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• The manager of Yampa Valley Regional Airport is concerned the entire country’s airport security system could be at greater risk because sophisticated passenger screening machines are being poached from smaller airports and moved to larger ones. Yampa Valley Regional Airport official says TSA decision creates security concerns, passenger delays
• Maureen Ryan, the mother of a skier who died on Howelsen Hill in 2011, testified Wednesday before the state Senate Judiciary Committee about a bill that proposes to increase the damages cap for a lawsuit against a government entity. Plaintiff from Howelsen Hill skier death lawsuit testifies before Colorado Senate
• Parties in South Routt County have formed a coalition focused on recreation, and they’re now looking for input from the community. South Routt group solicits feedback through youth recreation survey
• Area forecasters are expecting 2 to 6 inches for the ski area by Saturday morning, and then it’s time to break out the sunscreen. Steamboat forecast calls for snow, then springlike temperatures by the weekend
• The moves by the Moffat County Board of Commissioners and the Craig City Council mirror steps being taken by government officials in Hayden and Steamboat Springs. Moffat County and city of Craig pass emergency moratoriums on so-called 'pot clubs'
• With one of the biggest halfpipes ever, there’s no doubt that the best snowboarders in the world in town for the Burton U.S. Open this week are going to throw big runs in today’s semifinals and Saturday’s finals. Big pipe, big tricks for Burton US Open in Vail
• The Steamboat Springs boys basketball team fell to Golden in the first round of the state playoffs Wednesday. Steamboat boys basketball team falls to Golden
Too high to drive bill passes first committee in Colorado House
Oak Creek Town Board continues work on master plan items
Routt County collegiate athletes roundup for Feb. 28
Steamboat briefs: Mainstreet Steamboat raises $2,200 for flowers
The Record for Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013