Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. Watch an audio slideshow of the best photos from the past week with Focal Points.
• Forecasters are calling for a few more days of snow showers this week in the Yampa Valley before a change in the weather. More snowfall expected in Steamboat Springs before warmer temperatures arrive
• The late-night flight from Denver to Hayden has been a source of frustration for passengers and resort officials since the fall. Yampa Valley Regional Airport manager says United Express flight performance is improving
• A bike designed here to carry an 18-inch chainsaw, a rogue hoe and a six-pack of beer piqued the interest of several spectators and the judges at the North American Handmade Bicycle Show in Denver. Moots' trail maintenance bike a big hit at trade show
• Paul Sachs told the leaders of the Steamboat Springs School District last month their inability to fund a full day of kindergarten forces some young students here to ask their parents a tough question: Why are some of my friends always going home halfway through the school day? In Steamboat Springs, full-day kindergarten funding an ongoing challenge for both parents and educators
• Steamboat was represented at the Mountain States Girls Hockey League championships in Littleton by U-12, U-14 and U-19 teams. None made it to the championship round. Steamboat Springs girls hockey teams battle at league championships
• This is a big week for basketball teams from Steamboat Springs, Hayden and Soroco as playoffs take the game to new levels. Routt County high school basketball teams ready for busy week of playoff action
Tom Ross: With global luminaries gathering in Long Beach, conference video will be live in Steamboat's Library Hall
The Record for Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013