Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos.
• Yampa Valley gun enthusiasts may have a few new hoops to jump through after legislators in the Colorado House of Representatives passed four new gun control bills Monday. It went down almost exactly as one local lawmaker predicted. Mitsch Bush, state Democrats approve gun control legislation
• There are no minestrone or split pea soups here: You’re more likely to run across a Vermont curried apple soup or a Cajun corn chowder. Steamboat restaurants featured in 'Ski Town Soups' book
• The Steamboat Kiwanis Club almost didn't make it to its 65th anniversary this week. When the club's membership dwindled below 15 volunteers last year, some members questioned whether the group could carry on. Steamboat Kiwanis Club marks 65 years of service
• Former state Sen. Jack Taylor is expected to return home to Steamboat Springs late next week after spending nearly a month at Swedish Medical Center in Englewood. Doctors, family hopeful former state Sen. Jack Taylor will make full recovery after strokes
• Competing for Dartmouth, O’Connell won her first Eastern Intercollegiate Ski Association race, a 15-kilometer mass start race. Steamboat Springs Nordic skier Mary O'Connell wins 1st collegiate race
• Competing in single duals Saturday and Sunday and a dual moguls event Monday, the Winter Sports Club had seven podium finishes at a Rocky Mountain Divisional event in Telluride. Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club freestyle moguls team brings home hardware
• The Steamboat ski teams placed several members on the all-state list after competing in Winter Park at the Colorado State Skiing Championships during the weekend. Steamboat Springs High School Nordic, Alpine ski teams earn all-state nods
• The Steamboat Springs High School girls basketball team easily beat Summit, 50-20, in the opening round of the district tournament Tuesday. Steamboat Springs girls basketball wins pigtail game
Athlete of the Week: Peter White
Thoughtful Parenting: Healthy teeth, healthy baby
Hickenlooper threatens veto of firefighter unions bill in present form
Steamboat briefs: Routt County Republicans elect new slate of officers
Our View: Contract extension for Hinsvark makes sense
The Record for Monday, Feb. 18, 2013