Steamboat Springs One of the most talked about homes in the Yampa Valley, originally developed on Yellowjacket Pass by the late J.P. Lipson, goes to auction at 2 p.m. Wednesday.
The home is situated on 53 acres at 26105 Henderson Park Road overlooking Stagecoach Reservoir and has six-plus bedrooms and seven bathrooms. But the home is best known for its indoor swimming pool, set in a room lined with stone under a vaulted ceiling.
Tours of the home are being given from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Monday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and beginning at 11 a.m. Wednesday. A certified check in the amount of $100,000 and made payable to the bidder is required to register to bid.
Other features of the home include:
• Geothermal heating
• Complete home audio system, theater, gym and heated indoor pool
• Gourmet kitchen with Viking and Sub Zero appliances
• Expansive outdoor stone patios with hot tub and sauna
• Ski-in/ski-out privileges at the exclusive Christie Club at Steamboat Ski Area optional
• Horse-friendly property with ample riding options
For more information, go to www.grandestatesauction.com and click on the featured auction on the right side of the page.
To reach Tom Ross, call 970-871-4205 or email tross@SteamboatToday.com