Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. Watch an audio slideshow of the best photos from the past week with Focal Points.
• County officials recently sent a letter to their city counterparts expressing opposition to a possible funding mechanism for downtown Steamboat Springs improvements. That issue will be among the discussion points during Tuesday night's joint meeting. Steamboat Springs City Council and Routt County Board of Commissioners to discuss county's opposition to downtown URA
• Tim Jacobs is an expert in tying grasshopper patterns that catch trout. Don't believe it? Watch him in action Wednesday night in Steamboat Springs. Yampa Valley Fly Fishers to host annual fly-tying demonstrations
• The Routt County Planning Commission voted Feb. 7 to recommend that current restrictions that limit the Hahn's Peak Roadhouse to hosting one live music event a week be relaxed. Hahn's Peak Roadhouse refines expansion plans
• It still hasn't been introduced, but a Senate bill expected to seek major changes to how schools in Colorado are funded continues to attract a lot of chatter and concern in the Steamboat Springs School District. School finance bill continues to draw a lot of chatter, concern in Steamboat school district
• Steamboat's Forever Fit hopes four free community seminars will provide wealth of knowledge to weekend warriors as well as the parents of youth athletes. Weeklong athletic performance seminars feature elite athletes, trainers
Tom Ross: Horses are the stars of the Steamboat Springs Winter Carnival Parade
Steamboat briefs: Hospital to host event about SAD on Thursday
Jimmy Westlake: The face of a bull
The Record for Feb. 10, 2013
Focal Points for Feb. 5 to 11
Focal Points is an audio slideshow feature that showcases the top staff and reader photos of the previous week. Did your photo make the cut? Watch and see.
Winter Carnival - Flash Mob
Winter Carnival - Night Extravaganza