'Duck Dynasty' couple to appear live from Steamboat on Fox News

— "Duck Dynasty" star Willie Robertson will talk about his outspoken father as he helps Fox News Channel ring in the new year.

The network said Robertson and wife Korie will be guests on the "All-American New Year" special Fox News is airing Tuesday night.

The couple will appear live from Steamboat Springs to discuss the recent brief suspension of "Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson from the hit A&E reality series. His nine-day removal resulted from anti-gay comments Robertson made in GQ magazine. A firestorm was set off among his legions of defenders who felt he was being censored by the network.

A&E reinstated him last Friday.

The Fox News special will be hosted by Bill Hemmer and Elisabeth Hasselbeck from 7 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.

Robertson is friends with Adam, Andy and Jeff LaRoche and has been one of the celebrities involved with the brothers' new Steamboat restaurant, E3 Chophouse.

Comments

john bailey 8 months, 2 weeks ago

ummm , love me some cow.... although Steamboat is a far cry from Louisiana ~;0)

John St Pierre 8 months, 2 weeks ago

will be curious to see if its "fair & balanced" as in the other comment Phil that came out 2 days ago how you should marry your wife when she's 15 or 16.... curious how Willie and his wife would handle that one with their daughters.. ah yes good Christian values!!!!

They got to where they're getting hard to find, mainly because these boys are waiting ‘til they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em,” Robertson said. “Look, you wait ‘til they get to be 20 years old the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket. You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks."..

Dan Kuechenmeister 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Dang it John. And here I thought you were going to post about the " fair and balanced " gang over at MSNBC mocking the Romney family for daring to adopt a baby who is not white and having the nerve to have a family picture taken.

john bailey 8 months, 2 weeks ago

John, this was in 2009 not that it matters, and I believe you missed the humor in the whole clip. hey Dan, you sure the Romney picture wasn't in jest too ? ~;0) jeje lets lighten up alittle , at least till Thursday . Happy New Year all , 2013 wasn't a very fun year.......hulamanahulamayaana mya-hula......but you can go ask em yoself since he's in town

Brian Kotowski 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Dan - you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and accept the cold, harsh reality: singling out an adopted infant and his family for derision and ridicule represents a level of class and sophistication that knuckle-draggers like you and I will never be hip enough to appreciate. Racism, when deployed by the left, isn't racist at all. It's... thoughtful.

Dan Kuechenmeister 8 months, 2 weeks ago

Chirp, chirp, chirp. The only sound I hear from my liberal friends is crickets. Steve, Scott, John St. Pierre where are you guys. It's ok to mock Romney family for adopting a baby of color? You all mock the conservatives any chance you get.

mark hartless 8 months, 1 week ago

The tempest of Phil Robertson's comment quickly subsided into the teapot of insignificance the moment A&E caved in.

If some right-wing company, individual, preacher, etc had compromised their principles for $$$, the press would still be on fire about it.

Since the christian held to his beliefs and the money-grubbing butt-kissers at A&E caved in??? ... No story here folks... move along... nothing more to see here...

I am proud of Phil Robertson. Not so much for what he said; that's his business, but because he and his family had the good sense to know that their honor was worth more than whatever royalty payment might be forthcomming.

Real principles have no "list price".

We would all do well to look in the mirror from time to time and ask ourselves "what is my price...".

Brian Kotowski 8 months, 1 week ago

I loathe "reality" tv and have never seen DD. My understanding is the guy said "I like women & don't understand guys who don't." Albeit more crudely. I'm at a loss to understand how that's controversial, let alone 'hateful.' I have a gay coworker who says he doesn't get my attraction to "a bloody axe wound." Perhaps if I was more sophisticated, I might be able to gin up feelings of persecution and outrage that he would presume to express an opinion contrary to mine. It takes a special kind of pansy to nail oneself to the identity politics victim cross.