Good morning Steamboat Today readers.
Read the eEdition. View the daily photo gallery with staff and reader photos. You also can follow news and updates throughout the day on Facebook and Twitter.
• Senior meteorologist Norvan Larson in Grand Junction wrote at 4:45 p.m. that he was upgrading the forecast for the mountains bracketing Steamboat to a winter storm warning through Tuesday. Meteorologist says another foot of snow possible for Steamboat
• Citizens Supporting Property Rights asserts there is a way to put in adequate protections for sage grouse while allowing for future oil and gas development. West Routt property rights group aims for statewide influence in enabling energy exploration
• Now, 22 years later and 12 years after Glenna Clark-Olmsted handed over the reins to others, the Community Christmas Dinner continues to grow. Steamboat Community Christmas Dinner solicits volunteers, donations and guests
• The slate of tours for the beginning of 2014 has been announced by Yampa Valley Regional Airport, and those who make the trip to Hayden during winter will get to see the facility in the full swing of its peak season. Yampa Valley Regional Airport schedules tours for beginning of 2014
• The Steamboat Springs Winter Sports Club Nordic skiers had an impressive showing over the weekend in Crested Butte, grabbing a handful of top finishes at the Solstice Showdown. SSWSC cross-country skiers dominate at Crested Butte
Jimmy Westlake: What is the Star of Bethlehem?
Steamboat briefs: Pilot & Today office will close at noon Tuesday
The Record for Sunday, Dec. 22, 2013